So the last week and a half of my life has been...eventful. After not talking to anyone about it I have decided to let out some of my feelings on my blog. So bear with me.
Well, my husband and I moved about two months ago and since then money has been tight. We have sold books to pay rent and not seriously grocery shopped in about three months (my grandma helped us out). Most of this is normal college student stuff, but in our case we were still paying some bills that were from last semester, like my hospital bills from my appendectomy and Braden's ACE study course bills and so on. Anyway, so money has been tight.
The first thing that went wrong was when a few weeks ago my upper wisdom teeth decided it was time to grow in. After consulting a dentist, we set my teeth-removal date for the 26th. (Just in case I didn't owe enough money to people for bodily dysfunction)
The next thing that happened was the loss of my job. I work for a professor on campus and he let me know that he probably wouldn't have work for me in the spring and summer terms. Normally this also wouldn't be that bad, except my husband doesn't make even close to enough to support us. He's been studying for the LSAT and working very few hours. He also doesn't get paid very much since he switched jobs in January. So the breadwinner job-which was mine-is now ending. This week. Have I found a job yet? No, but hopefully soon.
Last Saturday my car broke down. Thank heavens Braden has one too so we haven't been car-less. The original estimate to fix it was about 700 dollars. Ouch. But now we think we can get it done for about $200. So that is nice. But still, car problems are not fun.
The final blow (as if owing hundreds of dollars extra to everyone in town wasn't enough) came this Monday. As I said, we just moved in February. It was a hard move. I was taking a full load at school and trying to earn enough to be able to afford milk and I was the one primarily packing and moving. Most of the work was done on Saturday because I didn't have time the rest of the week. But my husband works all Saturday. So I spent many long days pretty much alone moving everything I owned. Not the best time in my life.
We have loved our apartment and our ward. For the first time since I've been married and my parents moved hundreds of miles away from the house I grew up in, I finally felt at home. For the first time in years I was making friends in my ward. Good friends that I could talk to and who would listen and try to understand me because they cared. On Monday we learned that the rent in our apartment would be going up and that we couldn't afford to stay. So we have to move. Again.
So this has been a brief update on my life. No apartment, no job, no car, lots of owed money. All the things I'd like to put on my facebook status that I don't. Have you ever felt like everything all at once seems to go wrong?
Oh hun :( I will feed you! Come live at my apartment, I'm sure Jenny will let you stay. It's not like I have any roommates this summer and rent is $100 a month. Your welcome to use my car any time too. Call me! I miss you!
ReplyDelete