So, before I go into my master plan for the year (or at least the next few months), I have to say that I had an exciting Thursday last week. Well, more like slightly frightening. I was driving to work and while I was going down the road at a pretty good speed lo and behold my tire flew off my car and bounced to the other side of the road. In case you don't know, three tires doesn't work when you are trying to drive a car. My drivers side hit the ground and I skidded off to the side of the icy road. Braden was not home at the time so I called my in-laws who helped me get to work and watched the car until Braden got there. It was rather exciting, like James Bond or something, watching my tire fly off. We figured out that someone (who will remain nameless) was rotating the tires and didn't get the front left one tightened. The next day the car went to the shop and everything is ok now, but I just thought I would share that little tid-bit of my life. Who says I never have adventures?
Now on to the plan. Thanks to the inspirational Bloom blog I follow, I chose a theme for the coming year which is actually on my blog (convienient) in the form of a button/blinkie thingamagig. It says "live the life you love, love the life you live." I have decided that I don't enjoy my life enough and that it needs a boost of...something. So far, this is what I'm going to do over the next little while to help myself love my life.
First, I want to blog about some cooking, but every day seems kind of excessive, I probably won't be able to with homework and stuff. But, I did buy an italian cookbook (don't ask my if it's authentic, I don't know, but it looked good) and about once a week I'm going to try a new recipe from it and blog about it. I'm not as cool as Julie from the movie and my husband is a little more picky than hers, so there might be variations on certain recipes or some skipped ones. That happens when your husband doesn't like onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, mushrooms, etc. But, we are going to make the attempt anyway!
Second, I have decided that my house is entirely too dull and that it needs more fun and color. So I am redecorating, one room at a time. The goal is bright, vibrant color, which is going to be difficult with the yellow and green walls the house has, but oh well. But be prepared for that as well.
So that is the plan! Its all about changing my enviornment as best I can and changing myself to have a better attitude about life. Hopefully this year will be much better than the last!
Happy New Year!
well danielle i must say first of all, your car experience.... SCARY!!!!!! im glad you are ok! i dread this happening to me!! you are one brave woman!! ha ha. and second im soooo excited about ur new cooking blog idea. it is going to be so fun for you i think plus i cant wait to get some yummy recipes from you!! who knows maybe braden will grow to love all those things he doesnt like....and i hope you post pics of the new decortating!!! im excited :) oh ya i was wondering if you guys still wanted to come see us in feb? we are suppose to sign papers for the house friday so we should be all moved in by then and would love to you guys miss you tons and tell your hubby happy birthday for me!!!
ReplyDelete