As you have noticed, I decided to change the name of my blog...for several reasons. Being a fairy-tale girl, I feel like I have waited my whole life for my magic carpet. Like a dear friend has recently done, I too will compare myself to a disney movie. I always felt like Jazmine from the movie Aladdin, waiting to fly away like the birds in my cage but never really knowing how. Fly away to happiness, love, everything I dreamed of. I was waiting for a magic carpet to fly to my bedroom window and help me escape-hence the name, The Magic Carpet.

But now I'm different. I don't know why. All I know is I don't want to wait anymore. Some people spend their whole lives just waiting for things to get better (I have definitly subscribed to this philosphy), someday I will have this, or this, or someday I won't have to worry about this or this, etc. But that, as my mother has repeatedly told me, is not a good way to live. The problem with high expectations is that the grass may seem greener, but it never really is. Not to sound negative or anything, life really does have its ups and downs and some situations are much better than others, but in reality nothing is going to make you much happier than what you already have.
As my mom would say, attitude is everything. If you spend all your time thinking about what you wish your life was like instead of being happy with the life you have now then you will always be unhappy. It probably sounds like a "duh" moment for everyone else reading this, but its something I always struggle with. I have so much to be happy about. I have a wonderful family and good memories from my childhood that still make me laugh and give me joy. I have an amazing husband with ambition and dreams and so much love in his heart for me. I have great friends who care about me and are willing to listen and to help me when I am in trouble. Aren't those the things that really matter? I think that should be enough to make me happy for lifetimes!
Hence the new name of my blog, Blue Skies. I want to live a life thats full and rich and good, I want to see blue skies everywhere I go and in everyone I meet. I was thinking of the old song by Irving Berlin, "Blue skies, smiling at me, nothing but blue skies do I see. Bluebirds, singing a song, nothing but bluebirds all day long." Thats the kind of life I want and I am no longer willing to wait for it to come, I want to make my own life the one I've always dreamed it would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment