Thursday, June 9, 2011

The End is Near


So its been a long time. Mostly because I have been busy working and doing school. But school is almost over forever and all I have left is a few nasty papers and a test. Its honestly a total relief to be done, I can't wait to have just a little more freedom. I feel excited to get on with my life and let go of the people, the professors, and the classes from the past. Sometimes its nice to know how transitory everything is and I'm lucky that I have always been a letting go kind of person. Ending college means starting a new chapter in my life-one hopefully a little better. I am ready for a new adventure and crossing my fingers that in a year that means leaving the state forever too. I still cherish the hope that we can be by family but wherever we go I will be both excited and nervous as usual. Life has not been terrible here, its just not what I hope our future is like. Right now we are building the foundations for better experiences up the road and I recognize that although I shouldn't dwell on the future too much my hard work will eventually improve it.
Right now we are doing fine, I am for the most part enjoying my new job. The girls I work with are way fun and I have one who is in my ward so we are getting to be good friends. Braden and I love our ward and for once the people are friendly and inviting. I am finally in Relief Society and going to stay with the calling of Compassionate Service leader. Mostly I love the camaraderie in our ward and so far we have made some good friends. Our apartment is great too and I have had fun getting it put together, although it is still not done. I spent very little time home this semester so I am still on the road to get the last few boxes unpacked.
I am excited for the summer agenda of going to Oregon for camping and then Seattle after graduation. The first vacation is with Braden's family and we are not really camping we are renting a house near Gold Beach because of Bowen and Ashley's new baby. I was disappointed at first but now I am glad because after a 15 hour car drive I probably will not feel like sleeping on the ground! But anyway that should be fun and we have never taken a family trip like that before with them. Then in August I will walk after which we will fly to Seattle with my parents and spend a week with them there. I love visiting there and I hope someday we can live nearby but for now it is way fun to visit as much as possible. Our most recent trip was down to Hatch to see my BF Elexia and her new baby who is adorable. We had so much fun and it was nice to get away for even just a weekend. (If you read this Lex hang in there and I am thinking of you!)
So our summer has been and will be fun and exciting and filled with new memories and new friends. And graduation which makes it even better!
P.S. Thanks for talking mom and I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment