Today is a good day. Today is one of those "I love life" days. So forgive me while I bask in my life. Friends' blogs always prompt me to write on my own, maybe its because I feel like I have nothing to say about my life unless I'm reacting to something. So yes, you three people in the world who read my ridiculous blog, I have probably been recently reading yours as well.
I often get nostalgic for days gone by, mostly days with my family, but moving on has never been hard for me. Leaving highschool was more than easy, I was busting down the doors to get out. Graduating from college is about the same, even though my life is much less predictable and has more risk. I am ready, not because I am pining for the future, but because I know that I have learned what I came here to learn. I feel that I have other responsibilities, other priorities, that I need to step up and do. My lifestyle is so different than most of my peers (at least in my classes because English isn't as tiered)--I don't stay up late anymore hanging out, I don't go to restuarants at midnight, I definitly am not religiously on Facebook, and even though life isn't perfect I have the only person I need to be happy right now. I feel fully adult, with reality and bills hitting me in the face regularly and more responsibilities than myself. I think this makes the big difference in my life, not that you have to be married etc. to be happy and mature, but what helps me be ready for life after college is that my life hasn't been only college up to this point. I know I have more growing to do, obviously the life-changing realm of mothergood looms before me, yet to be reached. But I will always be growing, learning, and maturing if I live my life well. So for now, I don't feel the need to stay, there is nothing more to learn. My freshman year, highschool, etc. seem ages ago, like a different lifetime, almost like the person I am now didn't even live them--and in a way I guess that is true. I look forward to where one of my friends is, with a baby and a house and a well-settled life, and I look back to where another friend is, with so much still before her. And on a day like today, I am so happy to be in the middle!
I have no idea where you would have been inspired to write this post...not a clue, my dear watson ;) Also I'm glad you're content with where you are, because I'm content where I am, let's just stay content shall we? :D
ReplyDelete