Monday, December 27, 2010

Some New Year Thoughts

Hey all. This post might just be strings of thought, it is one of those times when I don't really have anything to say yet I have a lot on my mind.
Christmas was pretty good, it was honestly hard being away from my family though. Right now they are at Pike Place Market in Seattle and I am at work. Sad. Not that I don't like my in-laws (I do), they just aren't (dare I say it?) as good as my family. :) Christmas was fun except for the tension that occured every so often. I received a new shirt and skirt, a new necklace, some cardmaking stuff, and an eye shadow set. And my mom made me a picnic blanket so in the two weeks of spring in Utah I can go picnicing! Yay!
Today I had to be back at work, but its been nice and slow. I am for the most part liking my new job. Mostly I deal with people on the phone. I just answer the calls and send them to the people they need to go to. The stressful part is when the other people in the office don't pick up and then the person calls me back and is mad because they've been on hold for 20 minutes or something. But I think it will be a good opportunity for me, since I'm not getting any higher education (you would think 4 years of agonizing work would be enough), and so far I'm enjoying it for the most part. The people I work with are nice and my boss apparently takes really good care of his workers, which is more than I've gotten anywhere else. My only real complaint is the office is always cold! Right now I am sitting in my coat and scarf. :) And I am still cold! My office is downstairs in the front (so outer wall with three windows), while everyone else is upstairs. John is my only lifeline to humanity--he works in the warehouse which is also downstairs. Things are pretty laid back, the boys play xbox during lunch and we all play music while we work. So pretty fun.
What my thoughts have been on lately is the movie Julie and Julia. I saw it over the break and LOVED it! For those who haven't seen it, its the story of a woman who cooks through Julia Child's french cookbook and blogs about it. I loved it becasue it showed how you can find yourself through cooking and how an ideal can influence a person's life. I've always wanted to blog about cooking and just do a new thing everyday, but I have always come up with excuses, like "everyone has already done a cooking blog, there are so many I might as well not do it" or "ingredients would be too expensive to get" or "I would just get fat cooking a new thing every day", etc. But I think I might do something like that. A blog can be a personal thing, something for oneself, a place to expand and find freedom from the humdrum of everyday life. I feel I rarely talk about the things I love on here, like literature and cooking--which except for Braden is mostly what I think about. I think I should do more with what I love, make what I love the focus of my life instead of the fringe. I don't enjoy my life enough and I could expand in so many ways as a person. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but by the end of the year I will start something new on here, so be ready. Something more of me, which means it might be boring, but oh well!
And thats about it. Nothing particularly exciting but good thoughts. :) Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. danielle i enjoyed your post!!! and first i gotta say you are "boring"!! :) and second i love that you wanna do a cooking blog i really think you should!!! it would be fun and def i think maybe help you think about something that isnt going to stress you out instead something that you are passionate about!!! i cant wait till you start!! im sorry about christmas...i know what ya mean and how you feel....why is it so hard? im glad to hear a little more about your job! it sounds pretty laid back! which is cool. well i hope all is well with you two... miss you lots and lots!!! and a happy new year to you!!

    ReplyDelete